Job Title: Assistant Fiscal Officer
Division Name: Fiscal Office
Full time // FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours of Work: 7.5 hours per day // Hours per week: 37.5
Reports to: Fiscal Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Fiscal Officer shall be responsible for completing all transactions and fiscal matters. These include, but are not limited to, verifying accuracy of timesheets and other transactions recorded by employees, posting to general and special ledgers as required using double entry accounting procedures from source documents, maintaining ledgers for auditing purposes, classifying expenses and revenues to the appropriate financial account, preparing payroll and vendor checks and preparing fiscal reports and payments required by federal, state, and local governments.
High school diploma plus four years of accounting experience. Experience in accrual and/or fund accounting preferred.
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills required along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness, unquestioned honesty, and public accountability are essential.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting and GASB/government auditing is preferred.
- Subject to York County background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and calculate deposits for checking and savings accounts and reconcile bank statements.
- Complete accounts payable through purchase orders, monthly or annually generated invoices and employee expenses.
- Confirm and maintain W9s for AP vendors. • Verify accuracy of finances, payments, and billing of invoices.
- Prepare all payments, checks and reports, for processing and approval for signature request from YCPC Board and Director or Assistant Director.
- Create and file all AP associated reports.
- Distribute checks for mail or to appropriate employees.
- Reconcile Financial Statements.
- Verify accuracy of monthly trial balance for revenues and expenditures. • Prepare monthly financial reports for Director approval.
- Perform payroll duties, including obtaining and verifying accuracy of all time sheets and other transactions recorded by employees.
- Complete data entry of payroll activity to a double entry system.
- Prepare cash disbursement reports.
- Update and verify checkbook logs for AP/AR and payroll.
- Other duties, as required.
Deadline to apply is 12/31/2023, however the position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should present a letter of interest, three (3) professional references, and resume to:
Natalie Suit, Senior Assistant Fiscal Officer
York County Planning Commission
28 E. Market Street, 3rd Floor
York PA, 17401
The York County Planning Commission (YCPC) offers internship opportunities throughout the year. If interested in an internship program with the YCPC or if you have questions, please send an email to the Assistant Director or call 717-771-9870.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The York County Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.