WEATHERIZATION AUDITOR/REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
YORK COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Equal Opportunity Employer
York County Weatherization Program currently has an opening for a Home Energy Auditor. Auditors are responsible for conducting comprehensive and precise residential energy assessments in accordance with agency, and Government standards. This position will require strong communication skills, both oral and written. A successful candidate will need to have a confident understanding of building materials used in everyday weatherization home construction, the ability to measure buildings and their components, accurately estimate material and give clear written work orders to contractors.
Responsibilities: This position requires the management and oversight of projects enrolled in the County’s Weatherization Program. Determination of appropriate retrofit repair, energy efficiency improvement measures or replacements to bring the dwelling and/or heating unit into compliance with weatherization standards. Uses resultant data and prepares work order specifications to be used by subcontractors for required energy efficiency work. Inspects completed work and tests its performance.
The Weatherization Auditor/Rehabilitation Specialist reports to the Chief of Housing Division.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with clear driving record
- At least 1 year of Energy Auditing experience is preferred
- BPI Analyst Certification is preferred, HVAC Certificate, HERS Rater holders welcome
- Weatherization technicians welcome
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to keep on task independently and complete work in a timely manor
- Excellent communicator that is capable of explaining building science details both orally and in written format
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with a particular focus on Word
- Basic understanding of residential home construction, HVAC, energy efficiency and building codes
- Must be able to establish effective work relationships with property owners, contractors, cooperating authorities, and co-workers
- Experience in government funded housing services is desirable
Must be available to attend training sessions as required for certifications. Successful completion of mandated certification course is required.
Interested candidates should present a letter of interest and resume to:
Chief, Housing Division
York County Planning Commission
28 East Market Street, 3rd Floor
York, PA 17401
The York County Planning Commission (YCPC) offers internship opportunities throughout the year. If interested in an internship program with the YCPC or if you have questions, please send an email to the Assistant Director or call 717-771-9870.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The York County Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.