We are making plans to revamp our website. Please click on the image above for a brief survey on how the YCPC website can better serve you. We value and appreciate your input.
The York County Agricultural Lands Viewer is a mapping tool to locate protected lands enrolled in Municipal Agricultural Security Areas (ASA’s) and lands preserved by a public or private perpetual conservation easement.
Go York 2045 has been launched! Click for more information.
The York County Hazard Mitigation Plan is currently in the process of being updated. Click on the image to be directed to the latest information and news regarding the Plan Update.
The Heritage Preservation Plan has officially been adopted by the County Commissioners. Please click on the image above to view this newest component of the York County Comprehensive Plan.
The York County Planning Commission started compiling monthly reports on subdivision and land development plans that may be helpful to contractors. For more information, please click the image to view the latest reports.
Sidewalk improvements in Wrightsville Borough. Click the image for more information about the York County Planning Commission's Community Development Block Grant Program
Bicyclists enjoying the newest section of the Heritage Rail Trail County Park. Please click on the image to learn more about our Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)

Latest News View All News

Jan 2018
The York County Planning Commission and York Area Metropolitan Planning Organization announce the la...
Nov 2017
Election Day is Tuesday, November 7th.  Please use the Polling place finder to search for your ...
Oct 2017
The York County Planning Commission is seeking proposals from qualified consultants or consultant te...

Frequently Asked Questions View All FAQ's

  • What homeowner financial assistance is available?
    The Planning Commission administers a weatherization program, available to both owners and renters, which is designed to reduce heating and cooling costs for low-income persons. The program helps to reduce energy consumption of the dwelling through the installation of various energy conservation measures. The Planning Commission also administers a home improvement program, which is designed to help income eligible resident homeowners by providing financial and technical assistance to obtain nec... Read More >>
  • The municipal codes enforcement officer refuses to issue a permit for me to...
    Perhaps. A variance request may be appropriate, and may be submitted to the municipal Zoning Hearing Board (ZHB) when a zoning regulation inflicts unnecessary hardship. The ZHB may grant the variance if the ZHB finds all of the following apply: there are unique physical conditions that prevent the property from being developed according to zoning Ordinance, the variance is necessary for reasonable use of the property, the hardship was not self-created, the character of the neighborhood will not ... Read More >>
  • I want to give ten (10) feet of my lot to my neighbor. Must I submit a subd...
    Yes, the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code (PA MPC) defines a subdivision to include the division or re-division of a parcel into two or more lots, as well as other divisions of land, including changes in existing lot lines. The PA MPC definition is the standard in municipal ordinances, regardless of the size or configuration of the lot(s) involved. Read More >>